The Neil Ess Memorial Twin Cities APBA Baseball Tournament has always been held on the first Saturday’s of each April and October.
- Date: Saturday, October 7th, 2017
- Location: Darrel Skogen’s home in Maple Grove, MN
- 9575 Glacier Lane, Maple Grove, MN 55369
- Time: 8:15am till finish (plan on around 6:00pm)
- Team selection: Begins Saturday, July 8th at 12:00am
Any MLB team from 1901 to 2016 is eligible, except for the following previous TCABT champions:
- 1927 YANKEES
- 1954 GIANTS
- 1902 PIRATES
- 1937 YANKEES
- 2011 RANGERS
- 1930 CARDINALS
- 1930 YANKEES
Team selection will begin in July.
- For TCABT-VIII, team selection begins: Saturday, July 8th at 12:00am
Email your top 3 team selections to Jim Fraasch at “email@example.com” starting after midnight on Friday (Saturday AM). Teams are awarded on a first entry received basis. If your team has already been selected before you turned in your entry, you would then be given choice #2 or #3 on your list, etc.
Team selection period concludes at the end of the day, Friday, September 15th.
Long-time APBA employee, the late Veryl Lincoln (1945-2015), attends a Red Sox game at Fenway.
Some tournament rules include:
- 22 man roster
- DH must be used
- 4-man rotation in division play (to be a starting pitcher, pitcher must have made at least 10 starts in actual season)
- 3-man rotation during the “best-of-three” bracket play, with the rotation starting over for the beginning of each series.
- 8 teams qualify for the “best-of-three” bracket play.
- For a player to be in the starting lineup, he must have had at least 100 PA during the actual season.
- For a non-pitcher to be on the roster, he must have had at least 25 PA during the actual season.
- Basic game, using all advanced rules.
- We also use the APBA Journal Error Distribution Card and Unusual Play Card.
- We also have our own Bases Empty Error Re-roll card for Fielding One infielders (2b, SS, 3B)
- No injuries extend past the current game (players are only injured for the remainder of the game)
- No rain-outs, re-roll dice using Unusual Play Card a 2nd time.
Jeff Boeding and his 1930 Yankees won TCABT-VII last April over Marty Lee’s 1977 Royals.